How the Bull Sale Works
We encourage you to come view the bulls at your convenience. Simply contact us to set up a visit.
- There will not be a sale order
- We will be using a Horse Race style format – we feel that not being restricted by a sale order benefits our customers
- The bidding will occur over three days, which gives our customers more time to compare the bulls
If you do not feel comfortable with the bidding format, please let us know – we have help available.
How the Horse Race Style Auction Works
To bid, please visit www.TheLivestockLink.com and click on the “Auctions” tab. If you do not have an account, please click “Click Here to Register” in the User Login box and create an account.
Please create your account at least 24 hours prior to the close of the sale.
Once you have created an account, click on the sale you would like to bid on. Read the Terms and Conditions, and after reading them, click “Click here if you agree.”
You can now bid.
The rules of this static auction are as follows:
- The auction will open on January 20, 2023 and close on Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 2:00 pm Central Time.
- This auction is a Horse Race style auction, so ALL LOTS will be extended by 5 minutes if there is a bid on ANY LOT within the last 5 minutes, until no more bids are placed.
- When no bids are placed in the last 5 minutes, all lots will be closed simultaneously.
- Each lot will start at a floor price and will be bid up from that price.
- The lots will be bid up in standard increments.
- You may place a proxy bid. This feature will automatically bid for you (up to a maximum amount you choose), every time a bid is placed against you.
- By selecting “Add Lot to Watchlist,” you will receive an email every time you are outbid on that selected lot.
Please visit the site regularly and make sure you refresh the page often to keep up with the current bid. It is important to be online during the closing process so you can keep a close eye on your prospective lots.
How the Heifer Sale Works
One Lot with all 165 Heifers
- Bidding closes at 5:00 pm Central Time.
- High Bidder can take 20 or more, up to what is available.
- High Bidder selects number of head desired.
- Bidding begins again on balance of heifers in the Lot.
- Bidding process is closed after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Steps 2 through 5 will repeat until all heifers have been purchased or there are no bids at close of a session.
- Bid price will be per head.
If you have any questions about the Knippling Hereford online auction, please contact:
605-293-3493 (Home) 605-680-3185 (Cell)
605-293-3289 (Home) 605-680-4637 (Cell)
If you have any questions about TheLivestockLink.com, please contact:
Aaron Friedt (701) 590-9597
Jared Peterson (605) 641-7573